McNeish Law Firm Logo
McNeish Law Firm, LLC
FAQ About Real Estate

Do I have to use an attorney?
In the state of South Carolina, a lawyer admitted to practice before the South Carolina Bar is required to supervise and “close” any sale or transfer or real estate. This provides you with clarity regarding all the legalities of mortgages, titles, and deeds.

How can I make sure that there aren't any outstanding liens against the property I am buying?
One of the primary services of a lawyer in a real estate closing or sale transaction is to provide peace of mind knowing you have a clear title. We perform a title search and advise you of any issues or encumbrances in advance of your closing.

Is there any way to avoid paying for private mortgage insurance?
Most mortgage providers require private mortgage insurance. The South Carolina State Housing Finance and Development Authority offers this information about private mortgage insurance (PMI).